Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Study Mission to Kompong Spue Province



On Jan 29, 2013 I together with my three classmates Lalin, Darith, and Thavy, went to Kompong Spue province under the mission to study about the provincial administration at the city council in order to do a report for my Public Administration Law Lecturer. At first, I did feel hesitated to go, but I was forced to, for if I hadn’t, I would have been deducted the scores. With no hope of fun, I reached there at around 9 am. Honestly, Kompong Spue isn’t the place I love to visit, because there’re not many tourist attractions. From home, I thought people working there would be unwelcome to young university students like us, but it’s 180o different from my prediction. From the beginning till the end, they’d facilitated us with everything we wanted to search for namely administration structure, population statistics, development reports, and so forth. I couldn’t believe how strange it was, as I and other friends used to complain how arrogant the public servants mostly were when we turned to them for help. Without money as an exchange for public service, it’s hard for us to be treated warmly. But in Kompong Spue, we spent nothing on it even a 100 riel in. What is more, I was touched by two young adults whom we asked for a lift. You know what, without reluctant, they agreed to drive us from Po Pe Phnom, local resort to city council. We’re really grateful to them, as we would have had to walk on foot for about 3km without their help. By experiencing these two things, I felt so positive. I optimistically hope that Cambodia will change for the better in this near future. I wish you're reading this, Kompong Spue people.

No comments:

Post a Comment